KBS RADIO TUNE 갖고싶은 라디오

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Journal 1

Journal 1.



Let’s say my younger brother is 9 years old. He doesn’t read in English yet. So, I decided to send him to Hakwon. But 3 months later he ended up feeling that English is simply nightmare. He hates doing phonics workbook and memorizing words. He doesn’t want to go to Hakwon anymore. I was anxious and worried about my only brother. How would I help him enjoy reading in English?


It had better not send him to Hakwon when he can’t read a letter. I have already had difficulty in motivating him having mind that reading in English is fun. So, the first task for him to do would be to commend himself to read a book and make him be interested in reading.



Firstly, I will gather some friends with the age group of my brother for the activities.


Secondly, I will show them funny animation which is same story with future reading book. I will make children sit on a carpet in comfortable mood and just watch the film at rest without having him any pressure. The language level or content level should be relevant to the group of children’ interest and level. The example of animation could be Lion King, Piter Pan, etc.


Thirdly, I will do story telling of the animation with the written version of book. After watching selected animation, children have already known the main characters, story, and main idea. The children would not have great difficulty in understanding the story telling in English.


After repeated these activities several times, the children are getting used to watching and hearing the story. Now is the right time to teach the letter and how to recognize the words for my brother in that it is the time when affective filter about reading a book is low.


































No comments:

Post a Comment